If further proof were needed, there are many scientific studies which confirm that the largest free drug is the sea.
A BOAT IS THE IDEAL PLACE FOR “THALASSOTHERAPY”
“Thalassotherapy” (the absorption of substances contained in sea water such as trace elements and salts which promote the restoration of the organic balance building strength and resistance to external aggression) is now increasingly used. There is nothing better than life on a boat to benefit and prevent many diseases. Even just taking a plunge: the water massage activates the circulation; the salt water releases the respiratory tract and reduces allergic forms of infection.
But let’s go into detail. Inhaling the sea air, which contains a quantity of mineral salts such as sodium and magnesium chloride, iodine, calcium, potassium, bromine and silicon, releases the airways and the lungs benefit. This, in short, allows them to expand.
The following are greatly relieved by the sea:
- respiratory allergies
- convalescence from colds, and other respiratory diseases
- problems caused by smoking
- intoxication by chemical agents
FOR THE BONES
Taking into consideration the elements contained in sea water, bone damage can be repaired and pain from the following can be greatly reduced:
- muscle tears
- joint pains
- rheumatic diseases
FOR THE SKIN
The incidence of diseases and skin allergies is reduced
- seborrheic acne
THE SEA FOR ALL THE REST
Thanks to the sea, anaemic conditions, gynaecological diseases, hypothyroidism and lymphatics improve. Very importantly, the sea also helps fight depressive states. It also seems to improve the metabolism and strengthen our immune system.
The sea promotes the following:
- Water retention is reduced. Sea water contains a concentration of mineral salts. Excess fluids are eliminated through the skin and urine through osmosis. Swollen legs benefit from it.
- Extra pounds are eliminated. During a stay by the sea, our bodies appear slimmer and even if you eat more than normal you lose weight. This occurs because the metabolism works more efficiently.
- Improves the circulatory system. The pressure, temperature and movement of water on the body promotes good blood circulation.
- Improves muscle tone. Swimming is a panacea for the whole body. It relaxes your muscles, removing stress. It releases accumulated tension, improves joint mobility in areas blocked by forms of arthritis.